Experience has shown that many owners are all too careless with the corresponding installations, especially when they are retrofitted. Dangers due to escaping carbon monoxide or explosive gases are often underestimated. Even an air conditioning system in combination with a gas stove or auxiliary heating can quickly become a deadly trap. How dangerously spreading carbon monoxide can be on board was shown by an incident on a charter yacht off Hvar, in which a crew member died and other people, including children, were injured, some of them critically. A simple carbon monoxide detector for less than 50 Euros could have saved lives in this case. Another real scenario: The explosion of an E-yacht in the Hahler harbour near Minden, Germany, in which several firemen who were busy extinguishing the fire suffered, some of them very serious injuries.
However, the purpose of the presentation and consultation at the SeaHelp booth is not only to point out possible dangers, but also to offer practicable solutions. Wolfgang Dauser: ”In the age of laptops, tablets and smartphones, the energy requirements on board are constantly increasing, but often the on-board power supply system cannot keep up. Supposedly safe retrofit solutions are often not installed properly and create dangers that can easily be avoided. We provide tips on how you can safely get through the summer in the future.‟Source: Youtube | Canal: messetulln
Info & Facts:
Austrian Boat Show – BOOT TULLN
Date: 05. bis 08. März 2020
Opening hours: Daily from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm
Messe Tulln GmbH
A-3430 Tulln, Messegelände